Sunday, March 16, 2014

Economics Unit

Hey guys!

Many of you will be either coming back from Spring Break or at the end of it. I am at the end of mine. I definitely had a wonderful one but stayed up way to late so we will see how tomorrow goes! :)  

Anyways I thought I'd share something that our second graders do around this time of year to learn about Economics. This is definitely a more hands on approach and I cannot think of a better way for them to absorb this information! First, we talk about words that we use when discussing Economics. Once we have an understanding of words like goods, services, producer, and consumer, we will break off into groups of two or three. From there, we will start creating a business plan and sample advertisement. Here is what it looks like: 


Click on the pictures above to see everything I do during this unit. The kids will start collecting things from home and creating their good or service. They can choose anything from paper airplanes to a nail salon. Here are a few pics of what the students chose to do last year to give you some ideas.
Paper Airplanes

Bookmarks

Jewelry

Puppet Show

Face Painting

As you can see, whether they chose a good or service, they had things to work on and had a blast! Hope this helped some of you get an idea of different options when it comes to teaching Economics. I am excited to see what my kids have in "store" for me this year! Let me know what you think and I hope you enjoy your week ahead!










No comments:

Post a Comment